Friday, March 30, 2012

Work Has Begun


Armed with a few color printed pictures, my handy, dandy, under-stocked box of paints and a few hours to myself, I set out to begin work on sorting my Eastern Ren. figures into suitable unit lots for painting. 

I've mentioned before that I am going with Eastern Ren. figures for this 18th C. project because at this period in time my imagi-nation was way behind the game. This also allows me to use minis from a period that I've wanted to play in for a long time but still get to participate in the 18th C. imagi-nation community and build up the mystique and history of my favorite imagi-nation.

I'm afraid I didn't get as far along with today's painting as I had hoped. A bit of a mishap with a loose paint cap while shaking up a bottle, resulted in time spent cleaning up instead of painting. I was also frustrated to find out that I wasted time trying to adapt to an inferior paint when I did end up having a bottle of better quality paint in the same color. I'll have to go over the poor quality paint with the better stuff and make it work. Fortunately, that discovery was made early on instead of too far down the road.

More to come as I have it!

-Eli

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! I am looking forward to seeing how these lads look in practice.

    ReplyDelete